The Lead Security Engineer, under minimal supervision, is responsible for supporting all aspects of Dealer Inspire Technology Security Risk Management as an IT security subject matter expert.
- Leads, as an IT security subject matter expert, the development, monitoring and enforcement of Dealer Inspire's security policies, standards, and process.
- Proactively monitors IT security information resources for threats and vulnerabilities and leads, as an IT security subject matter expert, the assessment of risk of the threats and vulnerabilities to Dealer Inspire and the services Dealer Inspire provides to its clients.
- With direction from management, leads:
- Development and documentation of Security policies and procedures.
- Security project implementations.
- IT Security assessments and audits.
- IT security incident response activities.
- Enterprise intrusion detection monitoring capabilities.
- Enterprise antivirus capabilities.
- The resolution of internal customer security questions and issues.
- Enterprise IT Security communications including notices and alerts.
- Quarterly company-wide trainings / webinars on security and policies.
- Collaborates with project teams to define security requirements designed to comply with applicable Dealer Inspire security policies, standards, and processes.
- Administers and provides level 3 support for enterprise strong authentication and encryption services.
- Develops "how to" guides for team members and customers.
- Mentors other security team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years experience relevant to security solution/implementation.
- Experience as a lead subject matter expert with the design, implementation and support of general IT security controls.
- Experience as a lead subject matter expert with security systems including firewalls and intrusion detection.
- Experience as a lead subject matter expert with system security hardening.
- Experience as a lead subject matter expert with vulnerability scanning tools.
- Experience as a lead subject matter expert with successfully delivered IT security projects.
- Demonstrated ability to execute well and respond timely.
- Independent and able to perform tasks with minimum supervision.
- Good written and verbal communications skills with good command of English.
- Good understanding of data communication protocols focusing on Ethernet and IP.
- Good understanding of encryption technologies.
- Knowledge of forensic investigation techniques.
- Ability to support concurrent projects.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and a team player.
- Ability to instill quality in every aspect of the job function.
- Competence working with: Unix/Linux shell, Amazon Web Services, IDS / vulnerability scanners, Mac OSX
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems - OR - related/commensurate experience acceptable.
CISSP, CISA certification.