Want to join a Hot Start-Up and be one of our first 20 engineers? Are you a Cloud Expert with Operational Database Expertise- we'd like to hear from you.
Please include a short note as to why you are a fit for the role. Note this is a full-time employee role as a direct employee or contractor depending on location (You'll get stock options, vacation time etc). Location is Remote or NYC or Stockholm.
We need extraordinary Cloud Engineers to join our team. This is a great opportunity to help build Timescale's Cloud offering.
This is a full time position at our office in New York City, Stockholm, or Remote.
- Develop software for our distributed systems and TimescaleDB-as-a-Service offerings.
- Operate, manage, and maintain a scalable cloud offering across multiple clouds
- Collaborate closely with our database and product engineering teams.
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, receiving and providing code reviews, and otherwise partnering and helping other engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 3+ years software engineering experience in production environments
- Operational experience with databases and PostgreSQL (in particular) highly desirable
- Experience with container orchestration systems (Kubernetes, DCOS).
- Familiarity with configuration/infrastructure management tools (Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience with streams, append only logs, and message queues (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ)
- Experience in architecting and operating production cloud services
- Familiarity with various cluster/container management, monitoring, alerting tools
- Experience programming in Go, Python, or other scripting languages
- You care deeply about resiliency and quality of the features you ship