Headquarters: Boston, MA
As a Customer Success Manager, you'll push the business forward by building relationships with prospective Help Scout customers. You aren't selling so much as you are becoming a trusted advisor, a partner that will work with people to find the best product fit.
About the Role
- As a member of the Growth Team (traditionally Marketing and Sales), you’ll help people evaluate Help Scout for their business. This will likely be a mix of people in an active trial, or on our free plan.
- You’ll work to better qualify the thousands of inbound leads we get each month, leveraging creative approaches to email marketing, marketing automation, and one-on-one conversations. Your goal will be to help self-directed customers find their own way and help larger or more complex customers find the right person to talk to.
- Your job doesn’t really end when the deal closes. You may find yourself training new customers in their first 45 days, or working with long-term customers to make sure they have what they need.
- We’re hiring you to own this part of the customer experience, to take in all the perspectives you can, and then build a plan. We have years of historical data and many hypotheses to experiment with.
- You’ll experiment with, measure and document strategies that help us increase revenue cycle effectiveness and be a critical part of improving our revenue playbook.
- We believe nurturing current and potential customers is a team sport, which is why this role is paid a full salary based on your experience and what you would make as an inside sales rep “on plan” in another company. We have no plans for commission plans or quota targets.
Who you'll work with
- Tim Thyne, Head of Customer Development- Tim’s spent the past year building and adapting our approach to driving revenue and building relationships with customers, with an approach that fits our values and reputation in the market.
- Suneet Bhatt, Chief Growth Officer - Suneet’s been here since July and has been a partner to Tim in building out Customer Development at Help Scout; Suneet also manages our Content Team, Marketing Analytics, and Product Marketing.
- Nadia Basil, Head of Product Marketing - Nadia runs Product Marketing at Help Scout and will be a go to resource and partner to you as you find and create content that will be most relevant to our customers and potential customers.
- You have a history of digging into challenges and opportunities first-hand to understand what’s going on, and then get jazzed about codifying what you’ve learned so (elements of it) can be automated and scaled.
- You’ve operated in and around the traditional handoff between Marketing and Sales (Demand Generation, Inside Sales) and are excited to bring those two disciplines even more tightly together.
- You can easily lose track of time geeking out with Marketing Automation (HubSpot) and Sales Automation (Salesforce) tools. Mastering this stuff can be challenging but you love it.
- This role is exciting because you love helping people win! It energizes you to work alongside people to help them grow their business.
- You’re curious and have a history of learning new things quickly. Your curiosity is well-suited to this part of the customer experience because you are great at listening to customers and working with them to solve business challenges.
- You maintain a healthy disrespect for the way things are traditionally done in Enterprise/SaaS sales. You look to do things differently in order to better align motivations between teammates and customers.
- Help Scout is a remote team with employees in eleven countries (eight people in the Boston office). We optimize for excellence over geography and overcome remote challenges through transparency, trust, chat and video conferencing.
- We’re a customer-driven company and always will be. Everything follows the customer experience, no exceptions.
- Our company is growing and has aspirations of helping millions of people around the world. Accomplishing our goals will present countless challenges and require you to excel in every aspect of the position. It’s hard work, but the people we’re looking for love exploring and solving hard problems.
- This is not the typical startup “rocket ship.” We’ll never compromise customers or the experience in favor of growth. Our purpose is to build a profitable company that small businesses love and sustain it. We optimize your career at Help Scout for the long term as well, so keeping a healthy work/life balance is an important priority.
- We value diversity at Help Scout and welcome all applicants regardless of actual or perceived race, color, ethnicity, sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, parental status, or caregiver status.
- Competitive Salary - We pay at or above market salary in most cases and evaluate a lot of research to make sure everyone is paid well. The formula we use to calculate all salaries is public to employees and is improved upon regularly.
- Work anywhere - Work from our office in Boston or anywhere else, provided you have 4 hours of overlap with the team. We’ll even buy your home office furniture or help you pay for a co-working space.
- Health and dental insurance - We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Harvard Pilgrim HMO or PPO policies.
- Long-term/Short-term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance - we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST Disability insurance and base Life Insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider.
- International Benefit Stipend - If you’re based outside the US, you’ll receive a monthly stipend that goes towards covering medical insurance, long and short-term disability, and accountant costs.
- Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
- Paid parental leave, including adoption - 12 weeks if you have or adopt a baby, 4 weeks if your partner has a baby.
- 401k with 1% match- 1% Retirement Plan matching for both US and International Employees
- Personal development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
- Great tools - Each employee receives a Mac laptop and 27'' display (or equivalent). We’ll also purchase any of the software or hardware you need as well as high-end furniture to get your home office started
- Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
To apply: https://help-scout.workable.com/jobs/400795