Primotus is developing a unique Enterprise scale, no/low code configurable mobile workflow platform, which allows Primotus or users to design an entire systems - including drag-and-drop database, forms, entitlements, processes, mobile applications, business decisions, messages, reports, and maps - with little to no developer support. The platform is flexible enough to be deployed for a myriad of business verticals.
We’re looking for a Lead Business Process Management (BPM) and rules developer, who can extend our base open-source platform with advanced BPM functions and add Case Management (CMMN). Platform is built using Scala, Java, Kafka, Postgres, ElasticSearch, WebSockets, and Angular. And uses new DMN standard for Business Rules/Decision Management.
Position is open to North/South American and European candidates who meet the requirements outlined below and can work mostly during Eastern timezone. Sorry, no applicants needing H1.
Spearheading everything BPM, CMMN, and DMN using open-source tools and integrating such tools with core Primotus system, consisting of already-developed Form Builder, Entitlement Manager, Mobile Application Builder, Reporting Engine, Message Builders, and DMN platform. Some of the specifics include:
- Extending BPM functions including complex multi-instance functionality and other advanced features
- Upgrading ElasticSearch version and contracts
- Expanding web sockets architecture to new Progressive Web App (PWA) system
- Migrating existing BPM modeler to new platform.
- Implementing CMMN (Case Management and integrating with BPM and DMN to allow for multi-platform deployments.
- Juggling multiple stories and implementations in an Agile work environment
- Improving platform testability and augmenting testing tools
- Enhancing documentation
- Pairing with frontend, backend, and analysts
- Available to work mostly on Eastern Time (ET)
You’re expected to have:
- 5+ years BPM and rules experience; ideally with some of the open-source platforms (Activiti, Camunda, JBPM, etc).
- 2+ years with Rules Engines
- 5+ years experience in Java ecosystem
- 3+ years with SQL and NoSQL databases, particularly Elastic Search or SOLR.
- 3+ years with Restful (and/or GraphQL)
- Extensive experience with Java-based testing tools
- Knowledge of scrum or agile methods
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work in a paired-development environment
- Bachelor's degree from University or College
- Self starter having worked remotely
- Committed to meeting deadlines
Nice to have:
- DMN 1.1 experience
- Exposure with CMMN (Case Management)
- Experience with Scala or functional programming languages
- Exposure to cloud computing platforms, particularly AWS
- Experience with third-party integrations
- Experience with some of the tools highlighted above along with Agile development using JIRA and Git
Our Stack : Includes many of the most-desired technologies, including:
- Angular 6, TypeScript, Ionic Mobile, React, Redux
- CSS3, Bootstrap
- PWA (Progressive Web Apps)
- BPMN (Java), DMN (Java)
- Scala, Play Framework, Slick
- Web Sockets
- Kafka (event-based processing)
- Postgres, ElasticSearch
- Restful API
- GIT, GitHub
Our development team:
- Is small and growing with 10 members, so you'll have a significant impact
- Team is multi-cultural from USA, South America and Europe
- Is divided into frontend and backend teams
- Separates code into distinct modules and services
- Uses JSON API for backend/frontend integration
- Applies Agile programming and paired development methodology in 3-week sprints
- Works in a virtual environment
If you think you’re a good fit and are interested in building something highly configurable and really innovative, please shoot us an email.