Trv is looking for a passionate, energetic Senior Lead Web Developer who is excited about pushing the limits of web technology. As a Senior Web Developer, you will have the opportunity to participate in every aspect of the software development lifecycle, including estimation, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of application developed for our clients.
This position will be joining a team of engineers who are devoted to making well-designed web experiences and applications with clean user interfaces. This team interacts routinely with designers, product owners, insurance officers, testers and other creative individuals. A Senior Lead Web Developer helps to guide and mentor other members of the team by taking an active role in code reviews, development discussions and leadership. You will have the opportunity to help invent the next generation of insurtech!
This is a full-time position in our Danville, CA office or in Ottawa, Canada area.
How you will succeed
As a successful candidate, you will be a key component in helping with the web application and ensuring that you provide the users with the best product possible. You’ll be tasked to help implement new and existing functionality. You’ll apply your unique problem solving and technical skills to engineer the best possible solutions to business challenges.
You will exhibit a variety of skills including:
- Communication with colleagues and collaboration with engineering, product management and marketing teams
- Must be able to work independently, as well as participating as a key player of a team creating and developing from ideas and tools from scratch
- Experience in maintaining and designing complex web applications
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all parts of the business
- The ability to bring together different perspectives and opinions to come to a common approach
- Knowledge of coding best practices for both client and server development
- Understanding of quality attributes and tradeoffs
- Strong experience with ES6+, React, Redux, Redux-saga and Webpack
- Passion for writing clean, maintainable, and testable code
- Worked in modern web applications from architecture to deployment
- Has a solid understanding of testing fundamentals
- Significant experience interacting with, designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Mastery of Git and GitHub
- Desire to share experience and knowledge with developers of all skill levels
You will have experience:
- Working in a tech lead capacity with a small team of web developers
- Being responsible for making technical decisions which impacts the project
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills, for experienced technical, junior technical, and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field and a minimum 7+ years of professional experience
You will stand out from the crowd if you have experience with:
- Working with globally dispersed teams
- Lean methods and systems thinking
- Server side rendering with Node JS
- React-native and/or react-native-web experience
- Software development with C#, ASP.NET
- Experience with Cypress.io testing
- Client application development (mobile web, iOS, Android)
- Experience with Docker, especially used for CI
- Experience building accessible web applications
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Background in financial applications
- Proficient in Japanese, French, Spanish, or German
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.