This position is for US residents only.
Accella is looking for a developer with experience building web applications using Ruby on Rails. The candidate will need to show an expertise in building Rails applications that leverage user profiles, complex UX / UI interactions, API development and integrating with third party applications and services as examples.
In addition to ROR experience, we are looking for a candidate with a mixed skillset, including experience developing native or Xamarin based mobile applications and/or experience with .NET or PHP development. While the position will be Ruby focused, it is likely the candidate will be asked to work on projects ranging from web to mobile, so we are looking for a more well-rounded individual in terms of a technology background.
We will heavily weigh the applicants problem solving skills. Must be highly motivated and a serious self starter.
Must have the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical resources. We are looking for someone that enjoys being part of a team and will offer feedback and ideas in order to design and develop the most solid and extensible products for our clients.
We want a leader, an ideas person, and someone that is eager to work on multiple challenging projects, sometimes simultaneously.
What we expect in a candidate:
- BS in Computer Science or closely related discipline.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails with at least 3 deployed web applications
- Strong understanding of MVC web architecture
- Effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Problem-solving and creative mindset
- Experience thriving in a high-performance, results-oriented organization
- Experience and proficiency in interacting with external clients
- Experience working with Rails 5
- Experience deploying web applications via Heroku
- Prior experience with PostgreSQL is a plus
- Prior experience with ActiveJob is a plus
- Prior experience with ActiveAdmin is a plus