Elastic is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer for its Cloud division who will thrive on working as part of a talented engineering team. You will have the opportunity to collaborate, learn and work within an open-source culture.
To be considered for this great full time role, please include a short note as to why you are fit for this position!
- You will think automation first and work on growing test coverage and maturing our test systems.
- You will collaboratively work with feature contributors to plan for tests.
- You will take ownership for your areas from design, test and through to release.
- You will raise issues early, word them concisely and with precise technical detail.
- You will actively help with maintaining and improving our test infrastructure.
Requirements and Skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 2+ years experience in a Software Engineering role.
- You are comfortable with a high-level programming language like Java, Scala or Python.
- You know your way around Linux systems.
- You understand version control systems and have worked with Git/GitHub.
- You have the ability to operate under minimal supervision in a distributed team.
- Enthusiasm to learn beyond your role and contribute in other areas of our team.
- Organized, diligent and thorough about your work.
Nice to Have
- Experience with test engineering and QA methodology.
- Experience working with Cloud providers like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration technologies.
- Experience with CI/CD using Jenkins.
- Performance testing experience.