NAVIS is hiring an experienced Test Automation Engineer onto our growing Engineering team in Bend, Oregon (or the role can be done remotely).
You will be the sole Test Automation Engineer on the team, which means you'll be REALLY important to us - carving new path, building new ways of doing things, helping us automate, and there will be no shortage of work.
This critical position will work with our product development team to enable software quality via automated testing at all levels of the technology stack (hybrid - legacy .NET and new development being done in Java/Linux). Multiple teams will depend on your expertise in automating and maintaining tests at the code unit level all the way up to the GUI, with stops at all points in between.
Not only will you perform challenging test automation work, but you will play a big part in shaping our test automation strategy, as well as fill an integral role in the software development life cycle and process here at NAVIS.
Did we mention this role will be important to us?
- Influence and advise on test automation strategy across the Technology / Engineering organization
- Design and deliver key software quality testing components for multitier SaaS-based software solutions
- Review requirements, specifications, user documentation, and other project documentation to assure quality of the products
- Execute, optimize and maintain both manual and automated unit, system, performance, and load testing
- Design and build automated testing modules
- Coordinate with software developers to build brand new test automations at all levels of the stack
- Be able to effectively operate within and follow Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Leverage continuous build and automated unit test frameworks
- Participate in identifying and managing defects and the impact of proposed changes to product definition on the testing process
- Development and maintenance of automated test cases, scripts, and test scenarios for functional, regression and performance testing
This position is based in Bend, Oregon, or it can be done remotely / virtually. Relocation assistance is being offered, as needed, if you'd like to move to Bend.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a Test Automation Engineer or related testing automation position
- Experience working in environments using SQL Server, PostgreSQL or other relational database technology
- Experience automating tests using a CI server such as Gitlab CI, TeamCity, or Jenkins
- Experience with automated test frameworks such as Selenium or Ranorex
- Experience writing and automating API and component-level integration tests
- Experience with software as a service (SaaS) products – familiar with Cloud technologies
- Experience in both .NET and Open Source environments
- Must be extremely detail-oriented – you have a knack for seeing and catching the small details (hey, this is your livelihood)
- Strong commitment to quality and a positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Familiarity with CRM products and/or VOIP services is a plus